KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide skilled occupational therapy service on an intermittent basis to patients in their homes in accordance with the physician's orders.
OT Home Health Expertise
- Must be computer literate and able maintain simple records in English.
- Promotes patient/family education using various verbal and written communication techniques that take into account the patients/familys cultural, ethnic and/or personal needs or preferences.
- Collaborates with the patient/family to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
- Submits documentation in a timely manner per Agency policy.
- Knowledgeable of current federal, state and agency regulations concerning patient care, includes incident management and reporting.
- Maintains regulatory requirements. Including complying with Legal Authority: Act 519, Public Acts of 1982; MCL 400.11, which states: All persons employed, licensed, registered, or certified to provide health care, must report suspicion or reasonable cause to believe that physical, mental, or sexual abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult has occurred.
- Participates in agency's other mandated activities, ie, in-services, Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI); staff meetings.
- Prefer at least one year of Home Health Care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general therapy theory and practice and able to work independently.
- Licensed or registered in the State of Michigan.
- Must pass a criminal background check & MVR check.
- Completed health statement acknowledging ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid state drivers license.
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- TB testing per agency policy; (1 or 2 step TB skin test within 12 months of hire & annual TB symptom screening thereafter).
- Must be a graduate of an Occupational Therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Preferably should be a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association.